Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Start the Drumbeat

I am home today recovering from a nasty bout of the stomach flu. But through my NyQuil induced haze I managed to send off the following to Senators Cantwell and Murray:
I am writing to urge you to support Senator Russ Feingold's resolution to censure President Bush over the president's illegal wiretapping program. The failure of the president to obtain warrants before engaging in domestic surveillance is deeply troubling. His justifications for this program are also troubling. The president insists that he has the inherent power to ignore what laws (FISA) and consitutional provisions (the 4th Amendment) he deems necessary to prosecute the war on terror. This is an unsettling view for any elected leader to take, and it is time that the Congress take its constitutional role seriously and put a stop to the president's abuse of power.

I urge you to stand with Senator Feingold, and demand accontability of our president.
It's not Shakespeare, but I hope all Washingtonians who pass this way will take time to drop a note themselves. For all you Oregonians, contact Senators Smith and Wyden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home