Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What DanK Said!

If you're inclined, take a stroll over to Missouri for Feingold and read DanK's thoughts on the premature end to Senator Feingold's 2008 presidential run. I think he captured almost everything I have thought and felt since yesterday.

I will only augment his fine statement to say that Senator Feingold is not just good on a lot of liberal/progressive issues. He is good on issues that really count (to me), and he has chosen to fight on those issues.

On issue after issue after issue Senator Feingold has shown that he "gets it" about what are the greatest threats to the health and well-being of our democracy. From his leadership on campaign finance reform to his resolution to censure President Bush over domestic spying, he has demonstrated that he understands how fragile our democracy is, and how easily it can be hijacked by those who have agendas inconsistent with the good of the people.

While I am definitely disappointed about the senator's decision I am also reminded that things could be, and have been, worse. At the end of the day we are fortunate to at least have him in the Senate doing good work.

Like DanK I'm not sure what I plan to do with this blog. For now I'll continue to post the odd thought here and there, and probably make a more concrete decision after the holidays.

For the next few days (or maybe minutes) just sit back and continue to savor the Democrats' victory on Tuesday, before the infighting makes us forget what Tuesday night and Wednesday morning felt like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan K. said...

Kumar,

Thanks for the kind words about my post, and for all your work supporting Senator Feingold!

I hope you stay active in progressive blogging!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home